Chief Architect Interiors - New Features
Chief Architect Interiors X5
3D Rendering & Visualization
- Display Lower Levels with the Floor Overview cameraA 3D display option allows lower floors to be viewed under a current floor, such as open below rooms used for stairways or lofts
- Improved Walkthrough ToolsCreate detailed walkthrough recordings along paths. Add key frames at any point on the spline to control view direction and speed; walk up or down stairs and to span walkthrough between floors
- Progressive Ray TracingPreview ray trace renders as they refine and iterate image quality; export the image at any time or define the amount of time for the ray trace from 1 minute to 24 hours or an unlimited time
- Specify Ray Trace Size in Inches or MillimetersSet the number of pixels per inch to specify High or Low Resolution
- Improved Camera ControlCameras no longer ‘save’ automatically. Modify a 3D view angle or orientation and close the view without saving to retain the original settings
- Enhanced Labels for CamerasLabel tab for cameras allow more control over the display of the labels
- Watercolor Rendering Line ColorControl the color of lines generated in Watercolor Renderings with Line Drawing on Top turned On
- Save Cross-Section Slider with CameraAdjustments to views using the Cross-Section Slider are saved with the view when the camera is saved
- Cross Section Slider ControlControl the cut distance of the Cross-Section Slider with an input value in the dialog
Cross Sections & Elevations
- Back-Clip Cross Section Distance ControlControl the cut distance of Back-Clipped Cross Sections with an input value in the dialog
- Clip Cross-Section Views at SidesTurn on clipping for sides of cross-sections views
- Automatic Labels in ElevationsGenerate schedule callouts and labels for windows, doors, cabinets, and other items in Cross-Section and Elevation views.
- Show Cameras as CalloutsEasily set up view callouts directly from the camera object. Show Elevation, Section, and Cross-Section cameras as Callouts in Plan Views. Add callout labels and descriptions; callout remain when sent to layout
- Shoe Control for RailingsControl the height off of floor for the bottom rail (shoe) for Railings and Ramp Railings.
- Rail Controls on RailingsSpecify size, shape, and custom profiles for top rail, middle rail, bottom rail and beam.
- Control Railing Beam MaterialsSet the material assigned to beams above railings separately from other railing components.
- Place Multiple Appliances in a cabinetAdd an oven and a warming drawer to the same cabinet; adjust or replace the appliance type by editing it in the Cabinet Specification dialog.
- Multiple Door and Drawer styles per cabinetAssign different door or drawer styles to a single cabinet; wall cabinets with glass doors on top; base drawer bases with slab and panel drawers.
- Double False Drawer item typeShow double-false drawers for sink base cabinets
Doors & Windows
- Adjust the Hinge/Swing Amount for Bi-fold doors.
- Window and Door Casings Display in Plan ViewDisplay or hide interior and exterior casings using the “Casings, Interior” and “Casings, Exterior” layers
- Improved Window Display in Plan ViewMore accurate display of window sill, frame size, and mullions in Plan view. Better representation of multi-pane windows in Plan view.
- Automatic Frame DepthSet window frame depth to automatically fit into wall.
- Lintel and Sill ControlSeparately display Lintels or Sills for windows.
- Improved smoothing of arched Windows, Doors, and Doorways
- Solid Pyramid ObjectPyramid can also be truncated to form a pedestal shape.
- Control Placing Objects on Hidden and Locked LayersAbility to override the placement of objects on layers that are turned Off or that are hidden.
- Running Dimension ToolDraw dimension with cumulative values from base item to each dimensioned object in a single dimension string.
- Input Accurate Dimensions using a DISTO™ or other Laser Distance MeterUse a Bluetooth or Wireless compatible device to automatically measure a space then input the distances directly into dimension strings.
- National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) Automatic DimensionsAutomatically dimension interior rooms and elevations to the National Kitchen and Bath Association dimensioning standards.
- Automatic Interior DimensionsAutomatically dimension interior rooms. Set defaults for locating objects.
- Automatic Elevation DimensionsUse the Auto Elevation Dimension tool to add dimensions to Elevation and Cross Section views.
- Automatic Dimension Parent ToolAll Automatic dimensioning features are located together under the Automatic Dimension parent tool.
- Delete Automatic DimensionsUse the Delete Objects tool to delete Automatic Dimensions from a Floor or the Entire Plan. Manually edited or modified dimensions will remain.
- Dimension Location Snaps for Furniture ItemsSet dimensions to snap to the centers and/or sides of furniture objects for Manual and Automatic Dimensions.
Library / Catalog
- Catalog MigrationCore, Bonus, Manufacturer and User Catalogs from previous installs automatically migrate and update to latest version at install time; User Catalog automatically migrates from previous installs. Use the catalog migration dialog to specify which catalogs to bring forward.
- Automatic Catalog UpdatesCheck for updates for catalogs distributed by Chief Architect and automatically update to the latest version.
Text / Annotation / Scripting
- Rotate LabelsSelect and rotate labels independently in Plan view. Set default label rotation and offset; set label rotation to be relative or absolute to the rotation of the object.
Import / Export
- Import DefaultsShare default settings between plans for a variety of objects, including: Windows, Doors, Cabinets, Schedules, Stairs.
- Import PDF filesImport Adobe® PDF file formats into plans, layouts, and CAD Details; retain print resolution and quality when printing final documents with embedded PDF files.