Chief Architect Lite - New Features
Chief Architect Lite X5
Cross Sections & Elevations
- Back-Clip Cross Section Distance ControlControl the cut distance of Back-Clipped Cross Sections with an input value in the dialog
- Clip Cross-Section Views at SidesTurn on clipping for sides of cross-sections views
- Show Cameras as CalloutsEasily set up view callouts directly from the camera object. Show Elevation, Section, and Cross-Section cameras as Callouts in Plan Views. Add callout labels and descriptions; callout remain when sent to layout
- Shoe Control for RailingsControl the height off of floor for the bottom rail (shoe) for Railings and Ramp Railings.
- Control Railing Beam MaterialsSet the material assigned to beams above railings separately from other railing components.
- Auto Place and Delete Corner Boards and QuoinsAutomatically add trim details to wall corners. Option to delete all corner boards and quoins on a per floor or per plan basis through the Delete Objects dialog
- Place Multiple Appliances in a cabinetAdd an oven and a warming drawer to the same cabinet; adjust or replace the appliance type by editing it in the Cabinet Specification dialog.
- Multiple Door and Drawer styles per cabinetAssign different door or drawer styles to a single cabinet; wall cabinets with glass doors on top; base drawer bases with slab and panel drawers.
- Double False Drawer item typeShow double-false drawers for sink base cabinets
Doors & Windows
- Adjust the Hinge/Swing Amount for Bi-fold doors.
- Window and Door Casings Display in Plan ViewDisplay or hide interior and exterior casings using the “Casings, Interior” and “Casings, Exterior” layers
- Improved Window Display in Plan ViewMore accurate display of window sill, frame size, and mullions in Plan view. Better representation of multi-pane windows in Plan view.
- Automatic Frame DepthSet window frame depth to automatically fit into wall.
- Lintel and Sill ControlSeparately display Lintels or Sills for windows.
- Improved smoothing of arched Windows, Doors, and Doorways
Roofs & Ceilings
- Actual and Projected Area of Roof PlanesFind macros and references to both the Actual and the Projected square footage of Roof Planes in the roof dialog’s Polyline tab
- Control Rafter Spacing per Roof PlaneSpecify rafter spacing values for individual roof planes in a design.
- Ridge CapsAutomatically generate Ridge Caps on roofs; turn ridge caps on/off on a per roof basis; assign custom ridge cap profiles.
* Non-Editable Ridge Caps
- Dormer Overhang ControlsSeparately control the eave and gable overhang distance for automatic dormers
- Display cutout indicators for Garage Doors in foundation stem walls and curbingChoose to show or hide foundation cutouts in Plan view through the window or door’s dialog
- Treated Bottom PlatesAny wall over concrete foundation or flooring automatically generates a treated bottom plate.
- Slab Footing Offset DefaultSpecify a default offset distances for footings under slab foundations
- Control Placing Objects on Hidden and Locked LayersAbility to override the placement of objects on layers that are turned Off or that are hidden.
- Running Dimension ToolDraw dimension with cumulative values from base item to each dimensioned object in a single dimension string.
- Input Accurate Dimensions using a DISTO™ or other Laser Distance MeterUse a Bluetooth or Wireless compatible device to automatically measure a space then input the distances directly into dimension strings.
- Automatic Interior DimensionsAutomatically dimension interior rooms. Set defaults for locating objects.
- Delete Automatic DimensionsUse the Delete Objects tool to delete Automatic Dimensions from a Floor or the Entire Plan. Manually edited or modified dimensions will remain.
- Dimension Location Snaps for Furniture ItemsSet dimensions to snap to the centers and/or sides of furniture objects for Manual and Automatic Dimensions.
Text / Annotation / Scripting
- Rotate LabelsSelect and rotate labels independently in Plan view. Set default label rotation and offset; set label rotation to be relative or absolute to the rotation of the object.