How to Flip a CAD Block
| Reference Number: KB-00016 Last Updated: 09-03-2013 11:06 AM
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to know how to flip a CAD block, or other object, to create a reversed, or mirrored, version of it.
In Chief Architect, CAD blocks, architectural objects, and even groups of objects can be flipped using the Reflect About Object edit tool. You can also use this tool to make a reversed copy of an object without changing the original object.
To reflect an object about a line
- Open the Chief Architect plan that contains the CAD block you would like to flip.
- Select CAD> Lines> Draw Line from the menu, then click and drag to draw a CAD line. This line will serve as the axis that the CAD block will be flipped around.
- If you wish to flip the CAD block so that its right side becomes its left side, draw a vertical line.
- If you wish to flip the CAD block so that its top becomes its bottom, draw a horizontal line.
- Next, click the Select Objects tool to select it, then click on the CAD block so that it is selected.
- Click the Reflect About Object edit button.
- Click on the line that you drew in step 2, above.
- The CAD block will now be located on the other side of the line and its original orientation will be reversed.
To reflect about object and copy an object
- Begin by repeating steps 1 through 3, above.
- With the CAD block selected, click the Copy/Paste edit button.
- Next, click the Reflect About Object edit button.
- Click on the CAD line, as in step 5, above.
- A reversed copy of the CAD block will be created on the other side of the line while the original will remain as it was.
In Addition to using a CAD line as your axis of reflection other objects can be used as well. Once you click on the Reflect About Object
tool a gray dashed line will follow your cursor and snap to various points on objects your cursor crosses. This dashed gray line is the axis the selected object will reflect about.