Using Different Door Styles on a Single Cabinet
| Reference Number: KB-00040 Last Updated: 02-24-2015 01:17 PM
The information in this article applies to:
I want to be able to have different door styles on my cabinets. How can I do this?
For this tutorial, a Full Height Cabinet will be used. To place a Full Height Cabinet in your plan, navigate to Build> Cabinet> Full Height Cabinet and clicking in your plan to place it.
To modify height and width of the cabinet
- Use the Select Objects tool to select the cabinet and click the Open Object edit button to display the Full Height Cabinet Specification dialog.
- On the General panel, specify the Height, Width, and Depth values for your cabinet.
- For the purposes of this example, adjust the Height to 110" and the Width to 42 1/2".
To add sections to the cabinet
- On the Front panel of the Full Height Cabinet Specification dialog click Add New to add additional sections to the cabinet.
- In the New Cabinet Face Item dialog, set the Item Type and the Item Height then press OK.
- In this example we have added a 53 3/4" double door.
- Use the Move Up / Move Down and Split Vertical / Split Horizontal buttons to re-order the sections as necessary.
Note: To ensure that face item heights always equal the total cabinet front
height, the program automatically adjusts the bottom face item as
changes are made elsewhere. This means you should start editing face items at the top and work down.
To modify individual sections to have different door styles
- Click on the Face Item we want to modify to select it and then click the Library button.
- You will get the following Information message:
"This feature is intended to be used for specifying multiple door or drawer styles. We recommend specifying the door or drawer style on the Door/Drawer panel, if you are not using multiple door or drawer styles for this cabinet."
Click OK on this message to open the Select Library Object dialog where you can choose your door/drawer style.
- In this example:
- The top of the cabinet contains a Door Panel with an Item Height of 8", using the "Inlay Double " drawer.
- Next is an 16" Double Door using the "Divided Glass Arch EP" door style.
- Another Double Door follows, with an Item Height of 53 3/4" using "Raised Panel Country EP."
- Two "Slab" Drawers divided horizontally at 4" each
- A final third larger "Slab" drawer 13 1/2".
To add a molding
- On the Moldings panel click Add New to open the Select Library Object dialog.
- Navigate to Architectural> Molding> Crown Molding and choose your preferred molding for the cabinet and click OK.
- Specify the Height, Width and Offset as necessary, then click OK.
- In this example, the CM-07 molding profile was used, with Height 5", Width 3 3/4" and a Vertical Offset of -4 3/4 From Top.
- To view your cabinet navigate to 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Camera , then click and drag to create the image.