Displaying Both Metric and Imperial Units on a Dimension Line
| Reference Number: KB-00055 Last Updated: 02-16-2015 09:25 AM
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to have a dimension string in my plan display both metric and imperial units, how can I accomplish this task?
Having both the imperial and metric units for a dimension line display can be done simply by using the Primary and Secondary format options. You can either set this up in your Dimension Defaults to affect all dimension lines, or on individual dimension lines on a line-by-line basis.
To modify an individual dimension line
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the dimension line, then click on the Open Object edit button to display the Dimension Line Specification dialog.
- On the Secondary Format panel:
- Uncheck Use Default Formatting
- Check Include Second Format
- Use the Format drop down menu to select a unit, such as mm
- Uncheck Trailing Zeros
- Click OK
You can now see that you have modified the dimension so that it displays both the metric, and imperial units.
To change your dimension defaults
- To change your dimension defaults so that both units are displayed for new dimensions, select Edit> Default Settings.
- Click the arrow to expand the Dimension category.
- Select Dimensions and click Edit.
- In Chief Architect X4 and prior, select Manual Dimensions and click Edit.
- In the Saved Dimension Defaults dialog, select an Available Dimension Default that you would like to customize, such as 1/4" Scale Dimension Defaults, and click on the Edit button to display the Dimension Defaults dialog.
- In Chief Architect X4 and prior, these changes are made in the Saved Manual Dimension Defaults dialog.
- Go to the Secondary Format panel, check Include Second Format, set up your other defaults as desired, and click OK.