Troubleshooting Printing Issues
| Reference Number: KB-00085 Last Updated: 03-04-2015 08:00 AM
The information in this article applies to:
I am having trouble printing my plan. An error message displays, or nothing happens. How can I resolve this problem?
Many printing problems can be resolved by re-installing the printer driver, setting your default printer, or printing to PDF instead.
To troubleshoot printing errors
- First, download and install the most recent driver for your printer from its manufacturer's website.
Some common printer/plotter manufacturer websites include:
Only install drivers which state that they are compatible with your version of Windows or Mac OS.
- Once your updated printer driver is installed, launch your Chief Architect software program, Open your plan, and select File> Print> Clear Printer Info.
- Attempt to Print your view again, making sure that the printer or plotter name you want to print to is the one which is displayed in the Print dialog.
To set the printer or plotter as your default
If you continue to experience trouble printing, and you have more than one printer associated with your system, you may need to set the printer as your Default.
For instructions on this process, please see the appropriate link for your operating system below.
Finally, if your printer still will not print to your physical printer or plotter successfully, try printing to a PDF file.
To print to a PDF file
- In Chief Architect X6 and newer versions, in the Print View dialog, under the Destination Name, use the drop-down menu to select Save As PDF...
In Chief Architect X5 and earlier versions, if you do not already have a PDF printer installed, see the Related Articles section below.
- If you are able to print to PDF successfully, try printing the PDF file to your printer.
If the PDF won't print correctly to your printer either, contact your printer manufacturer for continued troubleshooting instructions.
If none of these instructions resolve the printing issue, please contact Technical Services directly via telephone while at the machine experiencing the error for continued troubleshooting.