How to Delete Framing
| Reference Number: KB-00196 Last Updated: 12-23-2014 03:22 PM
The information in this article applies to:
How can I delete the wall framing in a plan?
There are several ways to delete framing members in Chief Architect - individually and by framing category.
To delete individual framing members
- Roof, floor and ceiling members can be selected and edited or deleted in floor plan and 3D views.
- Click on the Select Objects tool, then click on a framing member that you wish to delete.
- If other nearby objects make it difficult to select the member in question, click as close as you can to the member in question, then click the Select Next Object edit button or press the Tab key on your keyboard.
- Another way to avoid selecting nearby objects is to click on the framing member with one of the Framing Tools selected. When a Framing Tool is active, only framing objects can be selected.
- You can also turn off the display of nearby objects in the Layer Display Objects dialog.
- To delete the selected framing member, click the Delete edit button or press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Wall framing members can be selected and deleted in plan view.
To delete entire categories of framing:
- Select Edit> Delete Objects from the menu.
- In the Delete Objects dialog, click the radio button beside All Rooms to affect the current floor or All Floors to affect the entire plan, depending on what you want to delete.
- Place a check mark next to each type of framing that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button and the selected types of framing will be deleted.
- In X4 and prior click OK to delete the selected types of framing.
- Click Done when you are finished deleting objects. This will close the Delete Objects Dialog.
You can also turn off the display of framing without actually deleting it in the Layer Display Options dialog. For more information, see article 17 in this database: How to display framing in a Cross Section/Elevation view.