Switching from a Camera View Back to Floor Plan
| Reference Number: KB-00329 Last Updated: 01-13-2015 02:53 PM
The information in this article applies to:
I have created a 3D camera view of my design, but now I don't know how to return to my 2D floor plan view. How can I do this?
You can close a camera view by clicking the X in the upper right of a window or by using the File> Close option from the menu. Additionally, it's possible to cycle through views using Keyboard shortcuts or by using the menu.
To close the camera view
- Click on the in the top right comer of the window or by clicking the x on the tab you wish to close.
On a Mac this X will be on the left side instead of the right.
Alternatively, you can select File> Close View from the menu.
If the view is still needed, swap to a different view without closing the current views using the options under the Window menu.
To use the Window menu
- The window tiling options allow you to display multiple views side by side in the program window.
- Select Window> Tile Horizontally to display both views in a horizontal orientation.
- Select Window> Tile Vertically or press Shift + F6 on the keyboard to display both views in a vertical orientation.
- To activate a view, click the title bar or anywhere in the view. Note
that any changes you make are reflected in the camera view as well.
- To end window tiling, click Window> Tab Windows.
- Tiling allows you to see the results of changes in floor plan view in 3D
or vice versa, and can also be useful for copying objects from one plan
- Window> Select Next Tab and Window> Select Previous Tab will cycle through the open views in the order that they display at the bottom of the Windows menu.
- At the bottom of the Window menu, you will see all of the views
currently open. Select any view from this list to make it the active
- The view with a check next to it is the active view.