July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
What is the fastest way to create a masonry fireplace in Chief Architect?
There are a number of ways to create fireplaces in Chief Architect. The quickest way to create a masonry fireplace with firebox, mantel and hearth is to use the Fireplace tool.
To use the Fireplace tool
- Select Build> Fireplace from the menu, then click in your plan to place a fireplace at that location.
- Click inside a room to create a free-standing fireplace that can be moved and rotated much the way a cabinet can.
- Click on a wall to create a fireplace that is built into an opening in the wall and has limited movement options.
- Click on the fireplace to select it, then click the Open Object edit button.
Note: Dimensions in this dialog must be entered in whole inches.
- In the Fireplace Specification dialog:
- On the General panel, you can enter the dimensions of the fireplace and the hearth.
Note: The Hearth Depth is measured from the front of the fireplace out into the room. To eliminate the hearth altogether, enter zero for this value
- On the Firebox panel, you can enter the dimensions of the fire box.
Select the check box next to No Firebox to eliminate the firebox from the fireplace. This is often used in the foundation plan to provide a solid matching base for the fireplace on the first floor.
- When you are satisfied with the fireplace's specifications, click the OK button to close the Fireplace Specification dialog and apply your changes.