Obtaining Library Content for Chief Architect X4
| Reference Number: KB-00427 Last Updated: 07-29-2014 10:39 AM
The information in this article applies to Chief Architect X4:
My X4 Library Browser appears empty, or is missing content. How can I download this information?
If your X4 Library Browser is empty, then you have not yet downloaded the Core Content. While X4 will prompt you the first time you launch it to download and install this data, you can choose to restart this process at any time if you did not download it in its entirety. To do so, follow the steps outlined below.
To install Core Content in X4
- First, launch Chief Architect and start a New Plan .
- Next, from the menu, select Library> Install Core Content.
- Once all of the Core libraries have been successfully installed, an Information message will display advising, "Your Core Libraries have been downloaded successfully."
If you have successfully installed all of the Core Libraries and believe you are missing other content, it may be that the item(s) you are looking for are in a bonus or manufacturer catalog.
To obtain bonus and manufacturer library catalogs
Bonus and Manufacturer catalog downloads are only available to those with current Support and Software Assurance
. If your SSA has expired, please contact our Sales team
to renew if you would like access to the bonus and manufacturer catalogs, as well as the other benefits that SSA offers.
- Launch your web browser and go to: http://www.chiefarchitect.com/
- Click on the My Account link near the upper right of the webpage.
- Enter in your e-mail address and password and click the Login button.
If you cannot remember your password, click on the "Lost your password?" link, and request that a temporary one be sent to your e-mail address. Once you have logged in using the temporary password, change your password to something that you will remember in the future.
- Once you have logged in, on the My Account page, click on the Library Downloads link.
- Next, select the appropriate category under the X4 Catalogs and Content section for either Bonus Catalogs or Manufacturer Catalogs, depending on the type of content you want to download.
- Place a checkmark next to the Download option for each of the catalogs you want, then click on the Download Selected Catalogs button.
- Depending on your web browser, you will be prompted to either Run or Save the Chief Architect Content Downloaded.exe file.
Choose Run if that option is available.
If it is not, choose to Save the file to an easy to find location, such as your Desktop.
- If you chose to Run the file, it should start the download and import process in to Chief Architect X4 automatically.
If you chose to Save the file, then you will need to navigate to its location, and double click on it to start the download and import process.
If you experience any difficulty in following these steps, receive a warning or error message, please contact our Technical Support team for troubleshooting instructions.