Building a Wine Rack or Plate Shelf
| Reference Number: KB-00433 Last Updated: 07-29-2014 12:11 PM
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to know the correct procedure for creating a wine rack or plate rack in a cabinet using Chief Architect.
Both a wine rack and plate rack are easy to create using Chief Architect.
To create a wine rack or a plate rack
- First, launch Chief Architect and choose to Open the plan in which you would like to create the wine rack or plate rack.
- From the menu, select Build> Cabinet> Wall Cabinet . Click in the plan to place your cabinet.
- Once you have added a cabinet to your plan, you can convert it into a wine rack or plate rack by clicking on the Select Objects tool, then select the Open Object edit button to display the Wall Cabinet Specification dialog.
- Select the Door/Drawer panel and click on the Library button to the right of Door> Style.
- In Chief Architect X2 and prior, click on the Front tab. Next to Door Style, click on the Library button to display the Select Library Object dialog.
- In the Select Library Object dialog, click on the plus sign beside Cabinet Doors, Drawers, & Panels and navigate to Specialty Storage.
- Select the appropriate wine or plate rack from the list, and click OK.
- If your wall cabinet currently has a handle or knob, you may want to use the Door Handle Style drop down menu to change it from Use Default to None.
- Staying in the Wall Cabinet Specification dialog, navigate to the Front panel.
- Under Door/Drawer Overlay, place the radio button in the Inset option to make all door and drawer faces flush with the cabinet face, instead of overlaying it.
- Click on the front of the preview image to select the Door as the current face item.
- In this example, selecting the front of the preview image takes us to Item Number: 2 which is an Auto Right Door.
- Under Face Items, click the Specify... button to the right of Shelves.
- Move the radio button down from Automatic to Manual, change the number of shelves to 0 and click OK.
- Once these settings have been completed, click the OK button and, from the menu choose 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Camera .
- Once the camera view generates, you can zoom in on the newly created wine rack and determine if further modification is necessary.