July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to print a test printing of my layout pages at a smaller scale than my final printing. How can I do this easily, without changing all my settings in the Page Setup dialog?
A check plot is a test print that allows you to print at a reduced scale on smaller, less expensive paper so you can check that the drawing will print as expected.
In a check plot, the drawing scale is temporarily adjusted to a specified fraction of its true value. Both drawing scale and line weights are subject to this scale adjustment.
To create a check plot
- Select File> Print> Drawing Sheet Setup . In the Drawing Sheet Setup dialog:
- Verify the Drawing Sheet Size, Orientation, and Drawing Scale are correct for a full size print out.
- Select File> Print> Print . In the Print View dialog:
- Click the Check Plot at radio button and choose the desired scale fraction from the drop-down list.
- The Paper Size will automatically adjust to fit the selected Check Plot Scale.
- Confirm that the Paper Size is the size you with to use, then click Print.
- Next time you print a view, remember to choose To Scale or Fit to Paper again in the Print View dialog.