Adding Wallpaper to a Room
| Reference Number: KB-00655 Last Updated: 06-03-2015 02:24 PM
The information in this article applies to:
What are my options for applying wallpaper in a room?
There are a number of options for applying wallpaper in Chief Architect. It can be quickly applied to all walls in a room, to individual walls, and to horizontal sections of either an individual wall or an entire room.
To add wallpaper to an entire room
- Open a Chief Architect drawing in which you would like to add wallpaper.
- Click the Select Objects tool and double-click inside of the room to select it to open the Room Specification dialog.
- On the Materials panel, click on the entry for Walls in the list, then click the Select Material button.
- Under the Library Materials panel of the Select Material dialog, select a material to use as the wall covering and click OK to return to the Room Specification dialog.
Another way to quickly apply a wallpaper or other material to the walls of a room is to use the Material Painter in a camera view of that room.
To apply wallpaper to an individual wall
- In floor plan view, click the Select Objects tool and double-click on a wall to select it and open the Wall Specification dialog.
- On the Materials panel, click on Interior Wall Surface in the list, then click the Select Material button.
- Under the Library Materials panel of the Select Material dialog, browse and select a material that suits your needs then click OK to close the both the Select Material and Room Specification dialogs and apply the selected material.
To apply a horizontal section of wallpaper
- Click the Select Objects tool and double-click inside of the room to select it and open the Room Specification dialog.
- On the Wall Covering panel, click the Add New button to open the Select Material dialog.
- Under the Library Materials panel select a material to suite your needs and click OK to close the Select Material dialog and return to the Room Specification dialog.
- Specify the Top To Ceiling, Height and Floor to Bottom values of the horizontal section that you would like to apply wallpaper to.
- Begin with the Height value, then press the Tab key on your keyboard to update the dialog without closing it.
- Next, specify either the Top to Ceiling or Floor to Bottom value - depending on which is the easiest for you to figure - and press the Tab key on the keyboard to accept these values without closing the dialog.
Specify the Top to Ceiling value if you are creating a ceiling border or define the Floor to Bottom value if you are placing wallpaper near the floor.
- You can select additional wall coverings by clicking the Add New button and repeating steps 3 and 4, above.
Place different wall coverings at different heights so that they will all be visible and not cover one another.
- To delete a wall covering, select it from the Wall Covering drop-down list, then click the Delete button.
- To replace a wall covering, select it from the drop-down list and click the Replace button.
- When you are satisfied with your wall covering selections, click OK to close the dialog and apply your changes.
- Select 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Camera and click and drag in the room to view the new wall coverings.
To apply horizontal sections of wall paper to a single wall
The method for applying horizontal sections of wallpaper to an individual wall is very similar to that for applying them to a room.
Instead of using the Wall Coverings panel of the Room Specification dialog, double-click on the wall in question and use the Wall Coverings panel of the Wall Specification dialog.