Editing Cabinet Shelf Spacing and Styles
| Reference Number: KB-00787 Last Updated: 09-08-2014 02:28 PM
The information in this article applies to:
How do I change the type, number, thickness, spacing, depth, and material of the shelves inside of my cabinets?
You can specify shelving in a cabinet and control shelf attributes such as number, depth, spacing and thickness from the Front panel of the cabinet's specification dialog.
To edit shelves inside cabinets
- Click Build> Cabinet> Full Height Cabinet , and click once in your plan to add a single cabinet.
For the purposes of this example,a full height cabinet is used but any cabinet type can be used.
- Using the Select Objects tool, click on the cabinet, then select the Open Object edit button to display the Full Height Cabinet Specification dialog.
- Select the Front panel and click on the component of the cabinet that need the shelves modified.
In this example the upper portion of the default full height cabinet is selected and the Auto Right door has been change to an Opening using the Item Type drop down.
- Click the Specify button next to Shelves. By default, cabinet shelves are specified automatically. The default number of shelves, shelf type, thickness, spacing, and depth display here.
- Select the Manual radio button to specify cabinet shelving for the selected door or opening. Notice that each shelf in the diagram is numbered.
- The shelf type, thickness, spacing, and depth can be specified on a per shelf basis or for all shelves at once.
The preview pane on the right shows shelf numbers, thickness, depth, and spacing.
- To determine which, select the shelf number or All Shelves from the drop down list.
- Specify the shelf Type from the drop down list.
- Enter a shelf Thickness in fractions or decimals.
- When you change the Spacing From Previous it will automatically uncheck Equal Spacing just below it. Spacing From Previous indicates the space from the shelf or item below it.
- You can also select Full, Half or Specify the shelf Depth manually.
Once you have finished editing your cabinet shelves, click OK to close the dialog and return to the Full Height Cabinet Specification dialog.
- Press the Tab key on your keyboard to update the preview as changes are made.
You can also change the material of the shelves specifically. Go to the Materials panel in the Full Height Cabinet Specification dialog, click on Shelves and then click the Library Materials button to browse for the material you want to use.
In this example the Standard Glass material is used.
Once you have completed editing any other desired features of your cabinet, click OK to exit the Full Height Cabinet Specification dialog, as well.
To see the results, select 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Camera from the menu and click and drag a camera arrow directed at the cabinet.
Note: If a cabinet is resized after shelving has been manually edited, the
specifications are maintained, but all shelves may not be display in all