The information in this article applies to:
You can click the Check Help Database button at the bottom left corner of any Warning or Error message to launch your Internet browser to our on-line Help Database. If an article with information about the message is available, its page will display; if not, this page will.
We currently do not have any online help available for this problem.
If you are continuously having this problem or if you can reproduce the problem, please contact Technical Support by creating a ticket in the Online Support Center. To troubleshoot the problem Technical Support will need to know the exact wording of the error and the conditions under which it occurred.
Note the exact wording of the error
First, make a note of the exact wording of the error. If the error message box includes a Details button, click it and make a note of the error number in addition to the wording. You can also create a screen capture of the message box instead of writing down its contents. If a Details button is available, click it so the additional information can be seen.
To create a screen capture on a Windows computer
- Click on the message box title bar to make sure it is the active window.
- Press the Print Screen key on the keyboard.
- Open an image editing application such as Microsoft Paint and select Edit> Paste from the menu.
- Select File> Save and save the file.
To create a screen capture on a Mac computer
- Click on the message box title bar to make sure it is the active window
- On your keyboard press the Command key, the Shift key and the number 3 all at the same time.
- This will save a screen shot image on your desktop.
Note what you were doing when the error occurred
soon as possible after the error occurs, write down exactly what you
were doing in the program. Important information to note includes:
What plan or layout file you were working on;
What kind of view was active (floor plan view, layout view, camera view, CAD Detail window);
How many files and/or view windows were open;
What drawing or editing tool was active;
What object were you editing;
Any unusual program behavior or other error messages you may have noticed
Attach relevant information
If needed, submit these files to Technical Support in your online Support Center ticket by following the instructions in the Related Articles section below.
- A backup of the entire plan and layout.
- The software's Message Log.
- The computer's System Information file.