The information in this article applies to:
When I open a plan file created in a previous version of Chief Architect, the following message displayss:
Warning: Couldn't find electrical objects in the electrical library. Please check your electrical defaults to make sure all of your defaults are set to an available library object.
Why is this happening?
This message displays when a plan file is opened, and its electrical defaults reference objects that are not present in the library of the current program version.
There are a couple of reasons why an electrical object might not be present in the library.
- It may have been an imported object or custom symbol created in the previous program version.
- It may be an object that was made obsolete by changes to the installed library content.
To resolve this issue, you simply need to change the electrical default settings in the plan. If the plan in question was created in Chief Architect X1, you can also choose to convert your legacy electrical library for use in your current version.
To change electrical defaults
- Open the plan in which the Warning message is appearing.
- Select Edit> Default Settings from the menu, then double-click on Electrical.
- In the Electrical Defaults dialog:
- Browse the list of Default Electrical Objects, clicking on each item in the list as you go.
- When an item is selected, its preview displays to the right. If no default object has been selected, the preview is blank.
- If a selected item's preview says "Symbol Not Found" then an object has been selected at some point, but cannot be found in the library. Click the Library button beneath the preview and select a symbol from the library.
- When no Default Electrical Objects display "Symbol Not Found" in their previews, click OK to close the dialog and apply your changes.
- Select File> Save from the menu to save your changes. The next time you open this file, the Warning message will not appear.
To convert a legacy electrical library:
If you are opening a plan created in Chief Architect X1 that uses custom objects for its default electrical objects, you can convert your X1 library content for use in your current version by selecting Library> Convert Legacy (.alb) Library Files from the menu.
To learn more, see article 959 in this database: How to convert Chief Architect X1 library content for use in your current version.