Limitations of the Chief Architect Trial software
| Reference Number: KB-00967 Last Updated: 07-22-2014 01:25 PM
The information in this article applies to:
I have been looking at the Chief Architect Trial software but have noticed some of tools are limited. Is there a problem?
The Chief Architect Premier and Interiors Trial versions are designed to let you explore the software's powerful toolset, but they do have a few restrictions to prevent users from producing files that could be used as professional construction documents or presentation material.
Specifically, the Trial versions do not allow:
- File Saving
- File Exporting
- Recording of Walkthroughs
- Printing or Exporting of Materials Lists
- Use of the Time Tracker utility
- Permanent changes to the Library Browser and its content
- Use of the CAD Detail from View tool
- Creating or saving of Plan Database files
- Exporting of Layer Sets
If you have questions about any of the restricted tools in the Trial version, there are a number of resources available for you to gain more information:
- Select Help> Contents & Index to view the Chief Architect Help menu.
Select Help> View Reference Manual to open the complete Chief Architect Reference Manual in electronic format.
Contact our Sales department at Sales@chiefarchitect.com or 800-482-4433
To activate the trial version
- If you try to use a feature that is restricted in the trial version you will be given the option to purchase the full version or activate a full version.
- Clicking Purchase Full Version Now will take you to the Chief Architect website where you will be able to purchase the full version of the software.
- If you already have a full version product key, you can click the Activate Full Version button to activate the trial, converting it to the full version.