The information in this article applies to:
I am interested in buying a new version of the software and would like to take advantage of an instant rebate offer. The rebate requires my previous software's Product or CD key, and the name that I used to register the software. Where can I find this information?
Your previous software version Product or CD key and the name you used to register are required so that we can confirm your eligibility for an upgrade rebate. Product Keys will apply to Chief Architect X4 and newer programs, as well as Home Designer 2012 and newer software.
CD Keys will apply to Chief Architect X3 and prior, as well as Home Designer 10 and earlier versions.
You can easily find the name you used to register the software license by launching the program and selecting Help> About from the program menu. Your registered name will be located on the About tab of the dialog, under "Registered To".
If your Registered Name is not recognized by our system, then you may not have sent us your registration information automatically via the internet. If this is the case, please contact our Sales department at your convenience at 800-482-4433 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Product or CD Key
Your Product or CD key is the registration code composed of numbers and letters that you entered when you first launched the program after installing it. The location of your Product or CD key will depend on whether you downloaded the software from the internet or installed from of a disk.
- If you installed the previous software version off a DVD or CD, your Product Key may be located on a sticker on the plastic jewel case or DVD case.
- If the software was purchased from chiefarchitect.com or homedesignersoftware.com, the Product Key can be found by logging into the My Account section, and accessing the Digital Locker. Likewise, if you purchased a backup media DVD for your software download, then the Product Key will not be located on the disk.
- If you downloaded the software from an internet vendor, your Product Key was located in your account information for the download. You should have made a note of the Product Key for your records, but depending on where you downloaded the software from, and how long ago you purchased it, it may still be available in your account.
Chief Architect and Home Designer software have been available for download on several different sites:
• Chief Architect/Home Designer Software - Chief Architect X2 (and newer) and Home Designer version 9 (and newer).
• Amazon.com - Home Designer version 8 and newer.
• Herman Street - Home Designer version 10 and newer.
If you are using an older version and cannot find your CD key, make a note of your Serial Number in the About dialog, where you found your Registered Name. Then, call our Sales department at your convenience at 800-482-4433 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please note that our upgrade pricing and/or instant rebates can only be obtained if you purchase from either our Chief Architect or Home Designer Software web site.
To find out if you are eligible for an instant rebate or product upgrade, visit: