Downloading and Installing Trial Versions
| Reference Number: KB-01139 Last Updated: 10-08-2014 02:12 PM
The information in this article applies to:
How do I download and install the trial version of Chief Architect or Home Designer?
Thank you for your interest in the Chief Architect Trial software. There are trial versions of Chief Architect Premier and Interiors as well as Home Designer Professional and Architectural. To obtain a copy of one of these trials, you must first fill out the appropriate request form. An email will then be sent with a Product Key and download link.
To request a copy of the Trial
Choose the version of the trial that you want to download.
- First decide which product you are interested in, and fill out the appropriate form:
Enter all of the requested information on the website, then click the Request Trial button at the bottom of the form.
An e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address that you provided in the request form. The subject of the e-mail will be Chief Architect Trial Version Request or Home Designer Trial Version Request, respectively.
Please note that the e-mail you receive will include your Product Key, which is needed in order to run the Trial version.
- If you do not receive this e-mail within 15 minutes, check your Junk or Bulk mail folders, as the e-mail may have been filtered out by a spam filter.
- You may also want to add the e-mail address of email@example.com to your e-mail's Address Book to ensure that you receive future communications.
To download the Trial version installer
- Click the Download the Trial Version link in the e-mail that you received from Chief Architect.
- The Download link will take you to the Trial Version Download web page. Choose whether you want a Mac or Windows download and click the Download button.
- You will be prompted with a Security Warning asking if you want to Run, Open or Save the file. If you are using Safari it will automatically download into your downloads folder.
- Select Run or Open
- If you choose to Save be sure to save the file to an easy to find location, such as the Desktop or your Downloads folder
- Run the installer.
In the Chief Architect Trial Version Setup:
- If you clicked Run or Open, the installer should launch automatically.
- If you clicked Save, navigate to the location chosen in Step 3 and run that file by double clicking on it.
As the program is installed, a progress bar will display.
- Click Continue
- Review the End User License Agreement located in the scrollable field at the top of the dialog box.
- Check the box beside I accept the terms in this license agreement.
- Click the Install button.
Once the installation has completed, the Trial version will launch automatically.
If the Trial version does not automatically launch you can double click the Program icon on your Desktop. Or, if you are using a Mac computer, go to your Applications folder and double click on the program icon there.
In the Trial Version Registration, type the Product Key that was included in the Chief Architect Trial Version Request e-mail and your email address and then click the Activate button.
Note: If the Activate button remains grey, verify that the Product Key is entered exactly as it is shown in the email.