Installing the Chief Architect X5 Trial
| Reference Number: KB-01139 Last Updated: 10-03-2013 11:02 AM
The information in this article applies to:
How do I download and install the Chief Architect X5 Trial version?
Thank you for your interest in the Chief Architect Trial software. To obtain a copy of the Trial, begin by requesting a copy. Then, it can be downloaded and installed.
To request a copy of the Chief Architect X5 Trial
- On the main Chief Architect web page, click on the Products menu and select Free Trial Download.
- Choose the version of the trial that you want to download, and click the orange Free Trial Download button under its name.
- Enter in all of the requested information on the website, then click the Request Trial button at the bottom of the form.
- An e-mail will be automatically sent to the e-mail address that you provided in the request form. The subject of the e-mail will be "Chief Architect Trial Version Request".
- If you do not receive this e-mail within 15 minutes, check your Junk or Bulk mail folders, as the e-mail may have been filtered out from an unrecognized e-mail address.
- You may also want to add the e-mail address of email@example.com to your e-mail's Address Book to ensure that you receive future communications.
- Please note that the e-mail you receive will include your Product Key, which is needed in order to run the Trial version.
To download the Trial version installer
- Click the "Download Trial Version" link in the e-mail that you received from Chief Architect.
We recommend using Internet Explorer as a web browser for downloading this content, as some alternate web browsers may require additional add-ons to be able to easily download content from an ftp site.
- The Download link will take you to the Chief Architect Trial Version Download web page. Click the "Free Trial Download" button.
- You will be prompted with a Security Warning asking if you want to Run or Save the file.
- Select Run.
- If you choose to Save, be sure to save the file to an easy to find location, such as the default location of DocumentsDownloads.
- Once you have started the Chief Architect Downloader, you will be prompted to choose a location to save the file on your computer.
- We recommend leaving this set at the default location of the Downloads folder in your Windows Documents.
- Click the Next button to start the download process.
- A progress bar displays, showing the amount you have downloaded.
- The Options drop-down menu allows you to specify to Run This Program When Done (this option is checked by default), Finish Downloading Later, and configure Proxy Server Settings if needed.
- You can also Pause and Resume the download, or choose to Cancel it entirely.
- Once the download completes, the installer should launch automatically.
- If it does not, browse to DocumentsDownloads, and double-click on the file named Chief_Architect_Premier_Trial_Version_Setup, followed by a build number that begins with 15.
- In the Chief Architect X5 Trial Version Setup Wizard:
- Review the End User License Agreement located in the scrollable field at the top of the dialog box.
- Check the box beside I accept the terms in this license agreement.
- Click the Install button.
- As the program is installed, a progress bar will display.
- Once the installation has completed, the Trial version will launch automatically unless you uncheck Launch Chief Architect X5 Trial Version.
- In the Trial Version Registration, type the Product Key that was included in the "Chief Architect Trial Version Request" e-mail that you received and then click the Register button.
The Chief Architect X5 Trial will now launch. A Chief Architect X5 Trial version shortcut will also be created on your Windows Desktop and in the list of Programs in the Windows Start menu, and can be used as often as you wish while you consider the benefits of purchasing a license of the software.