Installing the Chief Architect Trial
| Reference Number: KB-01139 Last Updated: 09-09-2014 07:09 AM
The information in this article applies to:
How do I download and install the Chief Architect Trial version?
Thank you for your interest in the Chief Architect Trial software. To obtain a copy of the Trial, begin by requesting a copy. Then, it can be downloaded and installed.
To request a copy of the Chief Architect Trial
- On the main Chief Architect web page, click on the Products menu and select Free Trial Download.
- Choose the version of the trial that you want to download.
- Enter in all of the requested information on the website, then click the Request Trial button at the bottom of the form.
- An e-mail will be automatically sent to the e-mail address that you provided in the request form. The subject of the e-mail will be Chief Architect Trial Version Request.
- If you do not receive this e-mail within 15 minutes, check your Junk or Bulk mail folders, as the e-mail may have been filtered out by a spam filter.
- You may also want to add the e-mail address of firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail's Address Book to ensure that you receive future communications.
- Please note that the e-mail you receive will include your Product Key, which is needed in order to run the Trial version.
To download the Trial version installer
- Click the Download the Trial Version link in the e-mail that you received from Chief Architect.
- The Download link will take you to the Chief Architect Trial Version Download web page. Choose whether you want a Mac or Windows download and click the Download button.
- You will be prompted with a Security Warning asking if you want to Run, Open or Save the file. If you are using Safari it will automatically download into your downloads folder.
- Select Run or Open
- If you choose to Save be sure to save the file to an easy to find location, such as the Desktop or your Downloads folder
- If you clicked Run or Open, the installer should launch automatically.
If you clicked Save, navigate to the location chosen in Step 3 and run that file by double clicking on it.
- In the Chief Architect Trial Version Setup:
- Click Continue
- Review the End User License Agreement located in the scrollable field at the top of the dialog box.
- Check the box beside I accept the terms in this license agreement.
- Click the Install button.
- As the program is installed, a progress bar will display.
- Once the installation has completed, the Trial version will launch automatically.
If the Trial version does not automatically launch you can double click the Program icon on your Desktop. Or, if you are using a Mac computer, go to your Applications folder and double click on the program icon there.
- In the Trial Version Registration, type the Product Key that was included in the Chief Architect Trial Version Request e-mail and your email address and then click the Activate button.
Note: If the Activate button remains grey the most likely cause is an error in the Product key entered.