Exporting your drawings to REScheck
| Reference Number: KB-02853 Last Updated: 02-24-2015 01:11 PM
The information in this article applies to:
I need to export my plan to REScheck. How can this be done in Chief Architect?
Exporting to REScheck is possible in Chief Architect Premier. In this article we will look at this process in-depth.
To set the project information
- Open a plan and select Tools> Project Information> Designer Information from the menu, fill in your information and click OK.
- Repeat this process for the Client Information.
To set energy values for doors and windows
You can set the energy values for your default doors and windows in the Default Settings. Once you have placed them in the plan, you can edit the settings for any items you need to modify.
- Select a door or window and click Open Object .
- Under the Energy Values panel, set your energy values.
To set energy values for rooms
You can set the energy values for the entire floor in your Floor Defaults. If you need to change individual rooms, you can modify them individually.
- Select a room and click Open Object .
- Under the Structure panel, click Edit next to Ceiling Structure.
- Set the R-Values and click OK.
- Repeat this process for the Floor Structure.
To set energy values for walls
- From the menu, select Build> Wall> Define Wall Types .
- In the Wall Type Definitions dialog, select the wall type from the drop down menu at the top of the dialog and change the R-Values as needed.
To export to REScheck
- From the menu select File> Export> Export to REScheck .
- Select your preferred grouping options and click Export.
- Choose a location to save the .RXL file and give it a name.
The resulting file can then be opened in the REScheck software.
A link to the REScheck website can be found on our Green Building page here: http://www.chiefarchitect.com/green/