Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 1113
How to Turn on the Display of Roof Intersection PointsThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
Is there a way to easily see where roof planes would intersect?
When roof planes of differing slopes meet, they create a ridge, hip, or valley. The Join Roof Planes edit tool is the easiest way to move roof plane edges so that they meet correctly; but you can also locate roof plane intersection points where the ridge, hip or valley should be. Once you know where the planes will meet, you can drag edges or corners to those points.
To enable the display of roof intersection points
- Click on Edit> Preferences.
- In the category list click on Architectural.
- Put a check on Automatically Place Roof Intersection Points.
- Click OK.
To create roof plane intersection points
- Make sure that Automatically Place Roof Intersection Points is turned on.
- Select the roof plane you would like to place intersection points on.
- Click the edge of another roof plane to place a temporary CAD Point where it would meet the selected roof plane.
- Repeat steps as necessary for the ridge and fascia edges.
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013