Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 1161
How to Show Doors Open in 3DThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
When I take a 3D view of my plan the doors always show as closed. How do I open them?
Chief Architect makes it easy to open doors in your plans. You can open individual doors or you can set the defaults to make every door show as open in your 3D views.
To specify one door as open
- Open the plan you wish to modify by going to File> Open .
- With the Select Object tool, select the door you wish to open.
- Use the Open Object tool to open the Door Specification dialog.
- On the General Tab, in the Swing Angle box, specify the angle you wish to display the open door.
- Click on the Options tab. Place a dot in the Show Open radial button under 3D Display.
- Click OK.
Note: The Show Door Open tool, located on the edit toolbar when you have a door selected, is a quick and easy way to set the door to open if you already have the swing angle set the way you want in your default settings.
If you know ahead of time that you want all interior doors in your plan to be shown as open then you can set this in your default settings.
To set all doors as open in default settings
- Click on Edit> Default Settings .
- Click on the plus [+] sign next to Doors and select Interior Door, then click the Edit button.
- In the Interior Door Defaults Dialog, click the General tab and specify the Swing Angle you want.
- Click on the Options tab and put a dot in the radio button for Show Open.
- Click OK, all default interior doors will now be shown as open.
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013