Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 1174
Message: Do you want to display the layer?The information in this article applies to:
- All Home Designer programs
- All Chief Architect programs
When I place an object in a plan, a Question message will sometimes ask if I "want to display the layer?" Why does this happen?
This Question message will display if you try to draw, place, or have the program generate an object that will be placed on a layer that is not turned on in the current view.
For example, if you are in floor plan view and the "Windows" layer has been turned off in the Layer Display Options dialog, and you try to place a window in a wall, the message will display.
- Click Yes to turn on the layer so that you can see the object you just created in the current view.
- Click No to leave the layer turned off in the current view. Note that the object will still be created - it just will not be visible in the current view until its layer is turned on.
- Click Cancel to avoid making any chages.
Last updated on: Feb 05, 2013