Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 173
How to copy and paste text to and from Chief Architect and other Windows applicationsThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
I have text in Chief Architect that I would like to copy into Microsoft Word, as well as text in Word that I would like to copy into Chief. How can I do this?
Text can be copied to and from Chief Architect using the shortcut keyboard commands for Copy and Paste.
To copy text from Chief Architect to another program
- Open a Chief Architect plan that contains text you would like to copy.
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the text you wish to copy.
- Click the Copy/Paste edit button.
- Open the program you want to paste this copied text into and press Ctrl+V on your keyboard.
To copy text from another program into Chief Architect
- Select the text you would like to copy.
- Open Chief Architect and click Edit> Paste> Paste or press Ctrl+V on your keyboard.
Article Number 679: The text in the Text Specification dialog is too big, or too small, to read
Article Number 722: How do I select certain text items without selecting others?
Last updated on: Jul 12, 2012