Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 178
How to Adjust Cabinet Width IncrementsThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
I placed a cabinet in my plan, and when I try to adjust its size, its edges only move in 3" increments. Why is this?
Most standard, prebuilt cabinets are available in 3" width increments. For convenience, cabinets in Chief Architect resize in 3" increments when the edit handles are used to change a cabinet's width.
If you would prefer a different width increment, however, it is easy to specify one.
To specify cabinet width increments
- Open the Chief Architect plan in which you would like to change the cabinet width resizing increment.
- Select Edit> Default Settings from the menu, and in the Default Settings dialog, select Cabinets> General Cabinet and click the Edit button.
- In the General Cabinet Defaults dialog for Chief Architect X2 and newer:
- Specify the desired Resize Increment
In the General Cabinet Defaults dialog for Chief Architect X1 and prior:
- Specify the desired Width Increment. The minimum allowable value is 1".
- Click OK to close the dialog and apply your change.
Article Number 229: How to change the minimum width of cabinets
Last updated on: Mar 28, 2013