Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 198
How to Send a View to Layout so that it Fills the PageThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
I have a view that I want to send to my layout page, and I want it to fill the entire page. How do I do this?
When views are sent to layout, Chief Architect allows you to specify the scale at which you would like the view to be printed. As an alternative, you can direct the program to select the scale that best fills the printed page.
To send a full page view to layout:
- Open the Chief Architect plan from which you would like to send views to layout, and either go to an existing view or create the needed view using the 3D or CAD tools.
- Select File> Send to Layout from the menu.
- In Scaling section of the Send to Layout dialog, select Fit to Sheet and click OK.
- The view should be centered on your layout page.
- If you would like to adjust its size or position, click on it and move it using the edit handles that display.
Article Number 882: How to prevent views sent to layout from changing when the model is changed
Last updated on: Mar 28, 2013