Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 1993
How to Create a Solid FenceThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
Is there a way to create a solid fence for my design?
Creating a solid fence can be accomplished using the standard Fencing tools. In this article we will outline how to do this in Chief Architect.
Creating the fence
- Click Build> Fencing> Straight Fencing .
- Draw the fencing where you need it to be.
- Using the Select Objects tool, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and click to select each of the fencing segments. Click Open Object .
- On the Rail Style tab of the Fencing Specification dialog, set the rail type to Panel, and select Step Terrain or Follow Terrain.
- Under the Newels/Balusters tab specify the height of your fence and change the Newel Width to 0".
- Change the Panel Type to Solid.
- Under the Materials tab, change all of the materials to your desired fencing material. In this case we will be using a stone material.
- Take a Perspective Full Camera view to see the results.
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013