Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 2021
How to Use Walkthrough PathsThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
I need to record a video tour of my plan. How can I do this using Chief Architect?
The Create Walkthrough Path tool allows you to record a video going through your structure slowing and panning at key points to create that perfect presentation for your clients. In this tutorial we cover making the path and setting keyframes.
Setting up a basic walkthrough
- From a Floor Plan view click 3D> Walkthroughs> Create Walkthrough Path .
- Draw the walkthrough path in your floor plan view in the direction you want.
- With the walkthrough path selected click Record Walkthrough Along Path .
- Choose a location to save the AVI file.
- Select your recording options.
Using Key Frames
- Using the Select Objects tool select your walkthrough path and click the Add Key Frame edit button.
- Click on the walkthrough path where you would like to place the key frame.
- Modify the keyframe however you like using its edit handles.
- You can also click Open Object and modify the different keyframes as well.
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013