Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 216
How do I change the color of the reference floor lines?The information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
I am working on floor two, and I want to have the first floor referenced. By default, the reference floor lines display in red. How can I change that color?
To specify the reference floor color in Chief Architect
Starting in Chief Architect X1, the reference floor display is based on layers and is file-specific.
- Open the plan in which you would like to change the color of the Reference Display.
- Select Tools> Display Settings> Layer Set Management from the menu.
- In the Layer Set Management dialog, click on Reference Display Set in the list of Available Layer Sets, then click the Define button.
- In the Layer Display Options dialog, notice that the Reference Display Set displays at the top left corner of the dialog.
- Click on a layer name in the alphabetized list to select it, then click the Color bar to open the Color Chooser dialog.
- In the Color Chooser dialog, specify the color that you would like to use to represent the selected layer, then click OK.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 as needed to customize the display of Reference Display.
If you would like to specify a single color for all layers in the Reference Display Set, click the Select All button at the bottom right corner, then click the Color bar to open the Color Chooser dialog and specify the desired color.
You may find it helpful to create a new layer set for use as your Reference Display in some situations. To learn more, see article 795 in this database: How to display and print objects on another floor.
Article Number 475: How do I superimpose or reference one floor on top of another floor?
Article Number 799: How to use Layer Set Defaults
Last updated on: Jul 12, 2012