Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 346
How to Create a Storm DoorThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
I want to place a storm door, or screen door, in front of my normal entry door. However, I can't seem to place two doors in the same location in a wall. How do I do that?
In Chief Architect, when Bumping/Pushing is enabled, architectural objects, and other items, bump into and can push one another as they are moved. When an object bumps into another similar object while it is being moved, it stops.
To make a storm door you need to place the storm door in the same location as the standard door. To do this we must first temporarily disable the Bumping/Pushing feature so we have free movement.
To create a storm door
- Place a second door next to the standard door.
- Using the Select Objects tool, click the storm door and click Open Object .
- In the Door Specification dialog, on the General tab, click the drop down menu for Door Style and change it to Glass. On the Frame & Lites tab set Lites Across to 3 and Lites Vertical to 5.
- Click OK, to close the Door Specification dialog.
To place the storm door
- Use the Select Objects tool to select the storm door.
- Hold down the Ctrl (Control) key on your keyboard to temporarily disable Bumping/Pushing.
- Click and drag the storm door on top of the regular door so they occupy the same location on the wall.
- Release the Ctrl key.
- Take a camera view to see the results.
Last updated on: Mar 14, 2013