Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 400
Troubleshooting Floor and Ceiling FramingThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
When I build framing for my model, the entire structure frames quite nicely. However, despite my best efforts, the floor and ceiling will not frame. Why won't the framing generate in these two areas?
Framing for the floor and ceiling will not generate, even if there is sufficient platform thickness for each, if certain attributes within the Room Specification dialog box are checked. See the procedure below to ensure that these attributes within the Room Specification dialog box are not conflicting with the framing of your model.
To ensure that framing generates properly in your floor and ceiling platforms
- First, open the Chief Architect plan in which you are experiencing difficulty producing floor and ceiling framing.
- Click the Select Objects tool, then click in a room in which floor and/or ceiling framing is not generating correctly to select that room.
- With the room selected, click the Open Object edit button to open the Room Specification dialog.
- On the Structure tab of the Room Specification dialog, make sure that the check boxes for Ceiling Over This Room and Roof Over This Room are checked, then click the OK button.
- Select Build> Framing> Build Framing from the menu.
- In the Build Framing dialog, check the Build... boxes for each type of framing that did not generate correctly before, then click OK to rebuild the selected framing types.
You can also select the checkbox for Automatic Floor/Ceiling Framing, Automatic Wall Framing, etc so that these will be regenerated automatically and will not require you to go in to the Build Framing dialog each time you need to have the framing update.
Last updated on: Feb 19, 2013