Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 42
How to Create a TableThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
I need to create a basic table of text of notes contained in a grid, such as for a legend. How can I accomplish this in Chief Architect?
There are a number of ways to approximate the look of tables in Chief Architect, including using the CAD tools to create boxes, lines, and Rich Text. In this article, however, we will discuss creating a basic table using the Text tool.
To create a table using the Text tool
- From the menu, select CAD> Text> Text , then click in plan to open the Text Specification dialog.
Please note you cannot create a simple table using Rich Text.
- On the Text tab, create the text you want displayed in your table, and use the Tab key on your keyboard to tab between text that you want to be separated in to different columns.
- On the Attributes tab, place a checkmark next to Box/Grid and choose your Alignment, such as Centered.
- On the Line Style tab, you can change the Line Color of the grid to be controlled by the layer, and change it to a different color, such as Black.
- Make any other desired changes in this dialog, and click OK to create your basic table.
Last updated on: Mar 28, 2013