Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 476
When I send a cross section view to several pages of my layout, I get inconsistent resultsThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X1
- Chief Architect 9.5
- Chief Architect 9.0
- Chief Architect 10.0
I have been trying to send several views of the same cross section/elevation view to layout on different pages and I get inconsistent results. Some pages in layout are displaying the wrong items. Also, sometimes, when I double click the view in layout I don't get the correct view displayed. What is going on here?
Cross section views should be sent to layout only once. While you can send a single view to layout multiple times, the layout file will not be able to keep track of the layer settings for the view.
To avoid this problem, always create a separate cross section/elevation camera view for each view you want to send to layout.
To send a cross section/elevation view to layout
- Open the Chief Architect plan file from which you would like to send a cross section/elevation view to layout.
- Open the Chief Architect layout file associated with the plan file, or select File> New Layout from the menu to open a new, blank layout to associate with the plan.
- Click the Window drop-down menu and select the .plan file from the bottom of the menu to toggle back to the plan file without closing the layout file.
- All view windows that are currently open are listed at the bottom of the Window menu.
- A maximum of ten view windows can be open at any time.
- Make any needed changes to the view using the Architectural or CAD drawing tools.
- Select Tools> Display Options from the menu and in the Layer Display Options dialog, turn on or off the display of any layers that you wish.
- Specify the desired Scaling for this view.
- Specify the layout page # that you want the view to display on.
- Check the box beside Use Layout Line Scaling if you want the lines in the view to display an unscaled line weight.
- Click OK to send the view to the specified layout page.
- Give the camera a short, descriptive Camera Name.
- Click the Save Camera button to close the dialog and return to floor plan view.
- The camera arrow will now display the name you specified for it and the view sent to layout will update to reflect any changes that you make to the plan.
To change the view into a line drawing for additional editing options, select CAD> CAD Detail from View from the menu.
To avoid problems in layout, you should always open the plan and create the view you want, then send that view to layout. Once in layout and you want to modify the view, you can double click the view, make the modifications, then close the view and choose to update it to the layout. You should never open an elevation view from layout and send it to another page in layout. Doing so will lead to unexpected results when working with elevations views.
Last updated on: Jun 17, 2010