Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 481
My mouse wheel scrolls up and down instead of zooming in and outThe information in this article applies to:
When drawing in Chief Architect, the mouse wheel is supposed to zoom in and out of your drawing. When I use my mouse wheel, however, it scrolls up and down instead. Why is this and how can I fix it?
Occasionally, the mouse properties will be set incorrectly and instead of zooming in and out, the mouse will scroll up and down or left and right when the mouse wheel is used.
Use the following procedure to resolve this issue:
- First, close Chief Architect.
- Next, click Start> Control Panel.
If you are using an older Microsoft Operating System, like Windows 98* (*not all versions of Chief Architect software are supported on older operating systems), click Start> Settings> Control Panel.
- Once the Control Panel opens, click on the Mouse icon.
NOTE: Due to variations inherent to each mouse and the different versions of driver files written for each of these devices, the following steps may be a bit different for your mouse.
For more information or for assistance in completing these steps, contact your local computer technician. He/she can take the time necessary to show you how your mouse works and how to make the adjustments described below.
- This will present a Mouse Properties dialog box.
- Once the Mouse Properties dialog box appear, go to the Wheel tab.
- In the Wheel tab, under the Troubleshooter section, click on the Advanced button.
- In the Advanced section you should be able to add Chief Architect to the program list.
- Once Chief has been added to the program list, click the OK button to close the Mouse Properties dialog box.
- Lastly, launch Chief Architect and again use the mouse wheel to test the zoom function.
For additional information on reseting the mouse properties for you version of Windows, visit www.microsoft.com or contact the manufacturer for your particular mouse.
Last updated on: Aug 17, 2011