Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 507
How to Create a Wrapped OpeningThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
I would like to create a wrapped opening, or doorway, in my plan. How can I accomplish this task?
Wrapped openings of various shapes are available in the Doors & Doorways section of the Library Browser .
You can also create a wrapped opening by placing a doorway and modifying it.
To modify a doorway
- Select Build> Door> Doorway and click in the wall in which you want to place it.
- Once placed, use the Select Objects tool to select the doorway, and click on the Open Object edit button to display it's specification dialog.
- On the Casing tab, check Suppress Interior Casing. Click OK to apply the change.
- In Chief Architect X1 and prior, select the Frame & Trim tab.
- Take a 3D Camera view and note that the base molding wraps around the opening.
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013