Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 51
How to Show Lower Floors in Floor OverviewsThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
In X5 I should be able to see the floor below in stairwells and other open below room areas in a floor overview, but mine has somehow been turned off. How do I turn it back on?
A new feature of X5 is the ability to see lower floors in floor overviews. This feature makes it possible to see down the stairs or over a railing, gazing into the room below. Since this is a new feature in X5, plans brought forward from an earlier version will not have this enabled by default.
To enable Show Lower Floors in Floor Overviews
- Open the Chief Architect plan in which you want to display the lower floor.
- Click Edit> Default Settings .
- Expand the Camera Categoy by clicking on the [+] next to Camera.
- Click on General Camera to highlight it and then click the Edit button at the bottom of the dialog.
- In the Camera Defaults dialog put a checkmark where it says Show Lower Floors in Floor Overviews to enable this feature.
Note: When checked, the current floor plus any floors beneath it are included in the view. Since the program is generating multiple floors it may slow down the render unsatisfactorily. If it becomes problematic, it may be more efficient to only enable this feature in the Floor Overview Camera Specification dialog of the individual camera.
- Click OK on the Camera Defaults dialog. Click Done on the Default Settings dialog.
- Click 3D> Create Perspective View> Floor Overview to see the results.
Last updated on: Mar 28, 2013