Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 536
How to show or hide opening indicators in orthographic viewsThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
How do I show or hide the opening indicators on doors and windows in orthographic views?
Door, window and cabinet door opening indicators can be displayed in Orthographic Views by turning on their display in 3D views.
To display opening indicators in Orthographic Views
- From the menu, select 3D> Create Orthographic View> Cross Section/Elevation , then click and drag a camera arrow directly towards a door, window or cabinet in your plan.
- Select Tools> Display Settings> Display Options from the menu.
- In the Layer Display Options dialog, turn on the display of the Opening Indicators layer by putting a check in the Disp column for that layer.
- Click the OK button to close the dialog and enable the display of opening indicators in vector views.
- If a window does not display an opening indicator, it is not a window type that opens in a left/right manner. You can specify a window type such as Single Casement, which does open to the left or right, on the General tab of the Window Specification dialog.
- If you are having difficulty seeing the opening indicator, select Tools> Display Settings> Color Off to display the view in black and white.
Last updated on: Dec 14, 2012