Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 542
How to Create a List of the Items in a LibraryThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
I would like to create a list of all of the items in a specific Chief Architect library. How can I accomplish this?
A list of the objects found in any library in the Library Browser can easily be created in Chief Architect and then pasted into a word processor, spreadsheet or even a Notepad file.
To create a library list
- Select Library> Library Browser from the menu.
- Navigate to the category for which you would like to create a list.
For the purposes of this example, we browsed to the Plant> Perennials & Biennial> Flowers catalog.
- Right-click on the category, then select Copy Item List from the menu to create a list of the items in this category and copy it to your Microsoft Windows clipboard.
In Chief Architect X1 and prior, select Copy Library List.
- Next, launch the program that you would like to copy the list into, such as Microsoft Word, Excel or Notepad.
- In a file in this other program, select Edit> Paste from the menu.
- The library list will appear as text in your new document.
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013