Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 55
How to Display Both Metric and Imperial Units on a Dimension LineThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
I would like to have a dimension string in my plan display both metric and imperial units, how can I accomplish this task?
Having both the imperial, and metric, units for a dimension line display is a task easy to accomplish using the Primary and Secondary format options. You can either set this up in your Dimension Defaults, or on a dimension line-by-line basis.
To modify an individual dimension line
- Using the Select Objects tool, select on the dimension line, then click on the Open Object edit button to display the Dimension Line Specification dialog.
- On the Secondary Format tab:
- Uncheck Use Default Formatting
- Check Include Second Format
- Use the Format drop down menu to select a unit, such as mm
- Uncheck Trailing Zeros
- Click OK
You can now see that you have modified the dimension so that it displays both the metric, and imperial units.
To change your dimension defaults
- To change your dimension defaults so that both units are displayed for new dimensions, select Edit> Default Settings.
- Click on the plus + sign next to Dimension to expand out this category.
- In X5, select Dimensions and click Edit.
- In X4 and prior, select Manual Dimensions and click Edit.
- In the Saved Dimension Defaults dialog click on the Edit button to display the Current Default, then select the Edit button to display the Manual Dimension Defaults dialog.
- In X4 and prior it is named Saved Manual Dimension Defaults dialog.
- Go to the Secondary Format tab, check Include Second Format, set up your other defaults as desired, and click OK.
Article Number 24: How to change from metric to imperial units
Last updated on: Mar 28, 2013