Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 579
How to Change Wall HeightThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
From what I understand, if I want to alter the wall height of my structure, I must actually change the ceiling height. How is this accomplished?
Wall height in Chief Architect is determined by the ceiling height of a given room.
The height of all walls for a room will be identical and based on the height of the ceiling in that room. Use the steps below to change the height of a ceiling.
To change the height of a ceiling
- First, open a plan in which you would like to change a wall height; or, open a new plan and draw four walls and to create a completely enclosed room.
- Select the Select Objects tool and double-click in a room to open the Room Specification dialog for that room.
- Click on the Structure tab.
- Completely erase the old value for Finished Ceiling (F).
- In the blank Ceiling Height field, type a new value.
- Press the Tab key on your keyboard once to apply your change without closing the dialog.
While it is not necessary to click the tab button, it will allow you to apply your changes while the dialog box is open, and visually ensure the new value does not conflict with another part of your structure.
- Click the OK button to close the Room Specification dialog and apply your changes. The ceiling height of the room is now set to the new value.
Last updated on: Feb 07, 2013