Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 616
How to Delete a FloorThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
I need to delete an unwanted floor in Chief Architect. How do I accomplish this?
After creating a plan, you may want to rebuild a floor or foundation. In order to do so, the existing floor or foundation must be deleted first.
To delete a floor from a plan
- Open a plan or start a new plan from scratch by selecting File> New Plan . For the purposes of this article, your plan should have a first floor, second floor and a foundation.
- To delete the second floor, you must be on the second floor. Click the Up One Floor button on the toolbar. Once you are on floor two, the Change Floor/Reference button displays the number 2.
- From the menu, select Build> Floor> Delete Current Floor to delete floor two and all its contents.
- Note: The first floor cannot be deleted using this method.
To delete the contents of the first floor, all the objects on the first floor must be selected and deleted.
From the menu, you can select Edit> Edit Area> Edit Area and draw a marquee around the area to be deleted. Once selected, click the Delete edit button or press the Delete button on your keyboard.
To delete a foundation from a plan
- Open a plan or start a new plan from scratch that has a first floor and a foundation.
- From the menu, select Build> Floor> Delete Foundation .
Last updated on: Feb 07, 2013