Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 626
How to edit window/door labels and schedulesThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
- Chief Architect 9.5
- Chief Architect 10
I would like to create custom labels for doors and windows in my plan and would also like the information in those labels to be included in my Door and Window Schedules.
How is this accomplished?
Custom text can be easily added to both labels and schedules by accessing the Components dialog for a door or window in your plan.
The same simple steps can also be used to customize the labels and schedules of cabinets, fixtures, furnishings and electrical objects.
To edit the Components dialog:
- Open a Chief Architect plan in which you would like to create custom door or window labels.
- Click the Select Objects tool to select it, then click on a window that you would like to customize the label of.
- With the window selected, click on the Components edit button to open the Components dialog and in the ID column, locate the Windows category.
- In the Windows category, find the entry for the selected window. In the case of a single window, it should be listed as W1.
- Scroll to the right and look for the Code and Comments columns. Information entered into these columns will display in your window schedule.
- Information added to the Code column can be used in the window's label.
To display a custom window label:
- Click on the window to select it, then click the click the Open Object edit button.
- On the Label tab of the Window Specification dialog, click the radio button beside Use Component Code, then click OK.
To create a window schedule:
- Select CAD> CAD Detail Management from the menu to open the CAD Detail Management dialog. (In Version 10 and prior, select CAD> CAD Detail.)
- Click the New button.
- In the Create New CAD Detail dialog, specify a short, descriptive name for the CAD Detail, such as "Window Schedule" then click OK to open a new CAD Detail window.
Article Number 11: How to resize or change the font of door and window labels
Last updated on: Dec 26, 2012