Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 631
How to Use the Cross Section SliderThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
How do I create a dynamic sectional view of my structure that I can resize and change?
An adjustable cross section view can be created from within a render view using the Cross Section Slider dialog.
To use the Cross Section Slider
- Launch Chief Architect, and create a new drawing by clicking File> New Plan .
- Next, from the menu, select Build> Wall> Exterior Wall and, in a clockwise fashion, draw in a completely enclosed rectangular structure.
- Next, select Build> Roof> Build Roof to open the Build Roof dialog.
- Place a check in the box beside Build Roof Planes and click the OK button to close the dialog and build a roof over the walls.
- Click 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Overview , which is the quickest way to create a render view of the plan.
In Chief Architect X1, use 3D> Create Render View> Render Full Overview.
- From within this render view, select 3D> Camera View Options> Cross Section Slider from the menu to open the Cross Section Slider dialog.
- Select the type of cross section you want to produce by clicking on the radio button below the picture of the cross section. The render image will update to reflect the currently selected cross section type.
- Click and drag on the Position slider to specify where the cross section should cut the structure. Again, the render view will update as the slider is moved.
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013