Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 644
How to Modify the Layers that Display on a Dynamic View Sent to the LayoutThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
I have a view sent to my layout that I want to turn off a layer, but I can't remember the layerset that I used when I sent it to the layout. How can I make this change without deleting and resending the view?
If you are unfamiliar with the options in the Send to Layout dialog, especially the Make Copy of Active Layer Set option, you can end up with many layersets simply called "Layout Set #" and it may be difficult to track down what layerset is in use in a dynamic view, such as a floor plan or Cross Section/Elevation camera that you have sent to your layout.
First, our recommendation is to review the information in Article Number 939, of this free online Help Database to gain a better understanding of this feature, and learn how to appropriately set up Layer Sets so that you do not need to rely on the make Copy of Active Layer Set option.
However, the steps outlined in this article will explain how to quickly access the Layer Display Options dialog for the correct Layer Set that a view was sent over to the layout in an existing plan that may have a high number of "Layout Set #"
To access the appropriate layerset for a dynamic view that was sent to the layout
- First, launch Chief Architect and Open the .plan file that your layout is associated with.
- Next, select File> Open Layout to open the layout as well.
- With the layout active, go to the appropriate page that has the view on it that you want to change.
- Using the Select Objects tool, click on the view in the layout, then select the Layout Box Layers edit button.
- This will display the Layer Display Options dialog for the appropriate Layer Set that was in use when that the view was sent to the layout.
- You can now scroll down to the appropriate layer, uncheck the Disp column to turn it off, and click OK.
For the purposes of this example, we will uncheck the Electrical layer in our Layout Set 27.
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013