Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 656
How to Turn Off the Grid DisplayThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
When I start Chief Architect, I notice that a grid is present. I can zoom in or out, pan to the left or right, but the grid is always visible. How can I turn the grid on or off, or modify its appearance?
There are actually two grids in Chief Architect: the Snap Grid and the Reference Grid. The display of both is easily controlled by following these steps.
To modify the reference grid or snap grid
- Open the plan in which you would like to modify the grid. It is important to remember that the grid defaults are plan-specific. If you turn a grid off in one plan, for example, it will still be visible when you open a different plan.
- From the menu, select Edit> Default Settings to open the Default Settings dialog. Highlight the entry for Plan with a single left click and then click on the Edit button to open the Plan Defaults dialog. The lower part of this dialog controls the Grid Settings.
- In the lower left corner are the Snapping Grid/Snap Units defaults.
- Place a check in the box beside Use Snap Grid/Units to enable grid snapping and in the Snap unit field, specify a measurement at which snapping should occur.
- Place a check beside Show Snap Grid to display the Snap Grid in floor plan view.
- Click the color box to open the Color Chooser dialog and select a custom color for the Snap Grid.
- Place a check beside Display as dots to display the Snap Grid as dotted instead of solid lines.
- In the lower right corner are the Reference Grid defaults.
- Specify a Grid Size and place a check beside Show Reference Grid to display the Reference Grid in floor plan view.
- As with the Snap Grid, the line color and be specified, as can solid or dotted lines.
- When you are finished adjusting the settings for the Snapping Grid/Snap Units and Reference Grid, click the OK button to close the Plan Defaults dialog and apply your settings.
- Lastly, click the Done button in the Default Settings dialog to apply your changes to the plan file.
Last updated on: Feb 07, 2013