Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 663
How to Add Date and Time Stamps to Plan and Layout FilesThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
I would like to configure my plan and layout files to include the date and time of printing so that I can tell at a glance which is the most recent version. How can this be accomplished in Chief Architect?
- Open the plan in which you would like to add a time or date stamp.
- Begin by adding a text item to your plan or layout. Select CAD> Text> Text and click once in the plan at the location where you would like to add your the time and date stamp.
- In the Text Specification dialog, click the arrow button beside Insert: to display a menu of text macros.
- From the menu, select the four date and time macros: Short Date; Long Date; 24 Hour Time; and AM/PM Time. Insert a few spaces between each so that they can be clearly distinguished when the text object is created.
- Click the OK button to close the dialog and place the text object in your plan or layout file.
- Review the date and time formats and decide which best suit your needs. These time and date macros update automatically whenever the text object is opened for specification. Additionally, they will update when the file is printed and will display the date and time of printing.
For more information about the available text macros, refer to the Text chapter of the Chief Architect Reference Manual.
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013