Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 67
How to Spin the Model in an OverviewThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
I would like to spin my model in an Overview. How can I accomplish this? Can I choose the focal point that it will spin around?
To create and spin the overview
- Launch Chief Architect and Open the .plan file.
- Select 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Overview .
- Once the view is generated, press Ctrl + Alt + S on your keyboard to spin the Overview.
Alternately, with the Mouse-Orbit camera tool active, you can also click in the 3D view, drag the mouse, and release the mouse button to "throw" the view. This second method allows better control for the speed at which the view will spin.
- Press the Esc key to stop the spinning.
In some cases, such as if you have an oblong lot with the house not located in the center, then you may not want the focal point of your overview camera to be in the middle of the terrain.
Instead, you may want it to be at the actual structure. You can either change the focal point of the camera in floor plan view, or there is also a tool that will allow you to do this while still having the Overview active.
To change the focal point in the Overview
- While in the Overview, select 3D> Move Camera with Mouse> 3D Center Camera on Point .
- Click on any object in the overview to move the focal point to that location.
- In addition to controlling how it will spin, this also sets the camera center so that future use of Mouse-Orbit Camera tool rotates around that point.
Last updated on: Mar 28, 2013