Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 674
How to Make Wall Covering Appear in Just One RoomThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
I have added wallpaper to one of my walls. The problem I am facing is that the wallpaper now appears in several rooms - not just the one that I added the wall covering to. How do I make the wall covering just appear in one room?
When a wall covering such as wallpaper is applied to a wall, it will cover that entire wall. If that wall spans multiple rooms, the wall covering will display in all of those rooms. This can be avoided by dividing the wall into separate segments and specifying the wall coverings for each segment individually.
To divide a wall into segments
- Open the plan in which you need to apply a wall covering to a portion of a wall.
- Using the Select Objects tool, click on the wall on which the wall covering spans multiple rooms. Examine the wall and determine where you want wall coverings and where you don't.
- From the menu, select Build> Wall> Break Wall and click once on the wall at the boundary between where you want wall covering and where you don't. This will place a break in the wall at that point. Most often, this boundary is located at an intersecting wall.
- Now that the wall is divided into segments, click the Select Objects tool and click once on a segment of the wall that should not have a wall covering to select it.
- Click the Open Object edit button to open the Wall Specification dialog, and select the Wall Covering tab.
- To remove a wall covering from the wall, select it from the Wall Covering drop-down list and click the Delete button.
- To replace the wall covering with another material, select it from the drop-down menu; click the Select button; and browse the Materials library for a new material to replace it with.
- If you click the Add New button and select a new wall covering material without deleting the original, the new material will be applied under the original and may not be visible.
- Click the OK button to close the Wall Specification dialog and apply your changes.
- To confirm that your change has been applied, from the menu select 3D> Create Perspective View> Floor Overview .
In Chief Architect X1 and prior, use 3D> Create Render View> Render Floor Overview.
Wall coverings can also be specified for entire rooms. To learn more, see article 655 in this database: How to add wallpaper to a room.
Last updated on: Feb 19, 2013