Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 677
How to Create a Custom Gutter Molding ProfileThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
I would like to create my own gutter profile and add that profile to the library so I can use it in future drawings. How can I accomplish this?
Making your own gutter profiles is a quick and easy process.
To create your own gutter profile and add it to the library
- The easiest way to add a custom gutter profile to the library is to create it in a new, blank plan; although, profiles can be created in floor plan view or a CAD detail in any existing plan, as well. To create a new plan, from the menu select File> New Plan .
- From the menu, select CAD> Lines> Draw Line , CAD> Arcs> Draw Arc , or CAD> Spline . Use any combination of these tools to draw the profile for your custom gutter.
- Bear in mind that the left side of this profile is always the side that will touch the roof edge.
- Remember to draw the profile to the actual size that you want the gutters to be.
- This polyline does not need to form a closed shape in order for it to be added to the library or used as a gutter on a roof. Open polylines will have endcaps placed on them when they are added to the library.
- When the profile is complete, make sure that all of the individual lines are connected to each other by clicking on the Select Objects tool, and then clicking anywhere along the gutter profile.
- If each section of the polyline displays edit handles, then all lines are connected.
- If an individual line segment does not display edit handles, zoom in on it and connect the ends to the adjoining segments.
- From the menu, select Tools> Symbol> Add to Library or click the Add to Library to add it to the the Library Browser, where you can then choose to Rename the molding and move it to the appropriate category that you have created for it in your User Catalog folder.
Last updated on: Feb 07, 2013